Re: Covering Indexes

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Covering Indexes
Дата
Re: Covering Indexes  (Csaba Nagy <ncslists@googlemail.com>)
Re: Covering Indexes  (Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:16 AM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> Very interesting design document for SQLite 4:
>
>  http://www.sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/design.wiki
>
> I'm particularly intrigued by "covering indexes". For example:
>
>    CREATE INDEX cover1 ON table1(a,b) COVERING(c,d);

I don't see the virtue of this in this case.  Since the index is not
unique, why not just put the index on (a,b,c,d) and be done with it?
Is there some advantage to be had in inventing a way to store c and d
in the index without having them usable for indexing?

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: [v9.3] Row-Level Security
Сообщение: Re: [v9.3] Row-Level Security