Re: High SYS CPU - need advise

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Shaun Thomas <sthomas@optionshouse.com> wrote:
> On 11/20/2012 04:08 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
>
>> Shaun Thomas reports one that is (I assume) not read intensive, but
>> his diagnosis is that this is a kernel bug where a larger
>> shared_buffers for no good reason causes the kernel to kill off its
>> page cache.
>

> We're actually very read intensive.

Sorry, that is what I meant.  I wrote "not write intensive", then
decided it would be clearer to change "not write" to "read" and then
forgot to remove the "not".  I hate it when that happens.

Atomic update commit failure in the meatware :)

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: High SYS CPU - need advise
Сообщение: Re: High SYS CPU - need advise