Re: Vacuum/visibility is busted

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Vacuum/visibility is busted
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2013-02-07 11:15:46 -0800, Jeff Janes wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions on how to hack the system to make it
> fast-forward the current transaction id? It would certainly make
> testing this kind of thing faster if I could make transaction id
> increment by 100 each time a new one is generated.  Then wrap-around
> could be approached in minutes rather than hours.

I had various plpgsql functions to do that, but those still took quite
some time. As I needed it before I just spent some minutes hacking up a
contrib module to do the job.

Hi Andres,

Your patch needs the file "xidfuncs--1.0.sql", but does not include it.

I could probably guess what needs to be in that file, but do you still have a copy of it?

I doubt it really think it makes sense as a contrib module on its own
though?

Maybe PGXN?

Cheers,

Jeff