Re: [GENERAL] workaround for column cross-correlation

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [GENERAL] workaround for column cross-correlation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
I know PG 10 will have support "CREATE STATISTICS.." for this..

..but I wondered if there's a recommended workaround in earlier versions ?

Not without seeing the query....

2) memory explosion in hash join (due to poor estimate?) caused OOM.

As far as I know, the only way a hash join should do this is if the join includes a huge number of rows with exactly the same 32 bit hash codes.  Otherwise, it should spill to disk without causing OOM.  Hash aggregates, on the other hand, are a different matter.

 Cheers,

Jeff