Re: Where to load modules from?

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Where to load modules from?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 22:15 +0200, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> This proposal comes with no patch because I think we are able to
> understand it without that, so that it would only be a waste of
> everybody's time to attach code for a random solution on the list here
> to that email.

It shouldn't be in the commit fest if it has no patch.

I thought the general recommendation was the opposite, that planning and road maps should be submitted for review before non-trivial coding is started; and that despite the name the commitfest is the best way that this is done.   Of course now I can't find the hackers thread where this recommendation was made...

Cheers,

Jeff