Re: psql's \watch is broken

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: psql's \watch is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 9:45 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 12:09:51AM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:

>> explain (analyze) select * from pgbench_accounts \watch 1
>>
>> It behaves as expected.  But once I break out of the loop with ctrl-C, then
>> if I execute the same thing again it executes the command once, but shows
>> no output and doesn't loop.  It seems like some flag is getting set with
>> ctrl-C, but then never gets reset.
>>

>> I've not dug into code itself, I just bisected it.
>
> Thanks for the report. I'll look into it.

Looked at it already.   And yes, I can see the difference.  This comes
from the switch from cancel_pressed to CancelRequested in psql,
especially PSQLexecWatch() in this case.  And actually, now that I
look at it, I think that we should simply get rid of cancel_pressed in
psql completely and replace it with CancelRequested.  This also
removes the need of having cancel_pressed defined in print.c, which
was not really wanted originally.  Attached is a patch which addresses
the issue for me, and cleans up the code while on it.  Fabien, Jeff,
can you confirm please?
--
Michael

This works for me.

Thanks,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: checkpointer: PANIC: could not fsync file: No such file or directory
Сообщение: Re: checkpointer: PANIC: could not fsync file: No such file or directory