Re: BUG #8273: Assertion failure in 9.3 beta2 with serializable and savepoints

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #8273: Assertion failure in 9.3 beta2 with serializable and savepoints
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:43 AM, <levertond@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      8273
> Logged by:          David Leverton
> Email address:      levertond@googlemail.com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system:   RHEL 5 x86_64
>
> The following test case causes a backend assertion failure in 9.3 beta2:
>

> START TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE;
> CREATE TABLE testing(
>   x INTEGER PRIMARY KEY
> );
> INSERT INTO testing VALUES(1);
> SELECT * FROM testing WHERE x = 1 FOR UPDATE;
> SAVEPOINT test;
> UPDATE testing SET x = 2 WHERE x = 1;
> ROLLBACK TO test;
> UPDATE testing SET x = 3 WHERE x = 1;
> ROLLBACK;
>

> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(((xid) != ((TransactionId) 0)))", File:
> "predicate.c", Line: 3936)
>

> Postgres was installed using the RPMs from http://yum.pgrpms.org/, and is
> using a near-default configuration (changes to port number, data directory
> and pg_hba.conf, and some roles created, but nothing likely to influence
> this bug).

I can confirm this compiling from source on CentOS 6.4.

The bug was introduced in commit: 0ac5ad5... Improve concurrency of foreign
key locking.

I don't know what more to look into on this, so I'm cc Alvaro, the patch
author.

Cheers,

Jeff