Re: [HACKERS] v10 pg_ctl compatibility

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] v10 pg_ctl compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Really?  The server should have detached itself from your terminal
>> group long before that.  What platform is this?

> CentOS release 6.9 (Final)

Hm, same as here.  Are you perhaps not using pg_ctl's -l option?
If not, the postmaster's stderr would remain attached to your tty,
which might be the reason why a terminal ^C affects it.

I was not using -l.  Instead I set logging_collector=on in postgresql.conf, but I suppose that that is not sufficent?

But I just retried with -l, and it still gets the fast shutdown.

Cheers,

Jeff