Re: Table-level log_autovacuum_min_duration

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Table-level log_autovacuum_min_duration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> So a worker does not see changes in postgresql.conf once it is run and
>> processes a database, no? The launcher does run ProcessConfigFile()
>> when SIGHUP shows up though.

> Maybe this is something that we should change.

Yeah, checking for SIGHUP in the worker outer loop (ie once per table)
seems like a reasonable thing.

                        regards, tom lane

Could it be done more often?  Maybe every time it is about to do a cost_delay sleep?

I've certainly regretted the inability to change autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay mid-table on more than one occasion.

This was mostly during doing testing work, but still I'm sure other people have run into this problem, perhaps without knowing it.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: Order of enforcement of CHECK constraints?
Сообщение: Re: Order of enforcement of CHECK constraints?