Re: BUG #17330: EXPLAIN hangs and very long query plans

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #17330: EXPLAIN hangs and very long query plans
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 10:28 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      17330
Logged by:          Strahinja Kustudic
Email address:      strahinjak@nordeus.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.19
Operating system:   CentOS 7

 The issue is that in Docker EXPLAIN runs forever, it never
finishes, like the issue we had on the replica. This means I have a 100%
repro of the issue and I can do whatever you tell me to do to find out what
caused it.

Is this 100% CPU bound?  'perf top -p <pid>' would probably be my first tool to use here.

Also, it would be nice to know if an upgrade to a newer major version fixed the problem.

Cheers,

Jeff