Re: creating extension including dependencies

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: creating extension including dependencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2015-09-08 04:06, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

Attached are as well changes for the documentation that I spotted in
earlier reviews but were not included in the last version sent by Petr
yesterday. Feel free to discard them if you think they are not
adapted, the patch attached applies on top of Petr's patch.

And /log/ is missing in src/test/modules/extensions/.gitignore.

Ah sorry, I based it on my branch which didn't contain your changes. Merged.

If I fail to specify CASCADE and get an ERROR, I think there should be a HINT which suggests the use of CASCADE.

create extension earthdistance ;
ERROR:  required extension "cube" is not installed

(no hint)

There is a HINT on the reverse operation:
drop extension cube;
ERROR:  cannot drop extension cube because other objects depend on it
DETAIL:  extension earthdistance depends on extension cube
HINT:  Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.

Also, It would be nice to have psql tab complete the word CASCADE.

Cheers,

Jeff