Re: [GENERAL] pgcrypto encrypt

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pgcrypto encrypt
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] pgcrypto encrypt  (Stephen Cook <sclists@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Sep  6, 2017 at 04:19:52PM -0400, Stephen Cook wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a way to decrypt data encrypted with the pgcrypto "encrypt"
> function, outside the database? Assuming that I know the key etc...

Yes, I think so.  pgcrypto uses openssl and gpg internally, so using
those tools should work.

I know that pgp_sym_encrypt and pgp_sym_decrypt interoperates well with "outside the database" gpg, although dealing with armoring and de-armoring as well as text mode or binary mode is a bit of a bother until you get used to it.

But he seems to be asking about the "F.25.4. Raw Encryption Functions".  I wouldn't want to reassure him that it would be easy to make those work outside the database, without having seen it done.  But it should of course be possible to make it work, even if that means rearranging the code of pgcrypto and compiling into something that is standalone.

Cheers,

Jeff

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [HACKERS] USER Profiles for PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] [HACKERS] USER Profiles for PostgreSQL