Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrongkey or corrupt data

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrongkey or corrupt data
Дата
Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 :Wrong key or corrupt data  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

select
pgp_sym_decrypt_bytea(pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea(bytea_import(DATA),'password','compress-algo=1,
cipher-algo=aes256, compress-level=6'),'password','compress-algo=1,
cipher-algo=aes256');

decryption reads the settings from the encrypted message header, there is no need to specify them again.

I can reproduce this at any compression level if the data is random (not compressible) and exactly 16365 bytes long.  If the data is compressible, then you need a longer length of message to reproduce it and it depends on the random content and compression level.

I'm attaching the reproducer as a Perl script.  I have not investigated the C code of pgcrypto itself.

Cheers,

Jeff
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
Сообщение: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation