Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw super user checks

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw super user checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 6:44 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK.  And if you want the first one, you can wrap it in a view currently, but
> if it were changed I don't know what you would do if you want the 2nd one
> (other than having every user create their own set of foreign tables).  So I
> guess the current situation is more flexible.

So where does that leave this patch?

Sorry, I thought we were just having a digression.  I didn't think that part was about this patch specifically, but what more could be done later.

I don't think it makes this
patch a bad idea, although I kind of lean towads the view that the
patch should just be checking superuser_arg(), not superuser() ||
superuser_arg().

I don't see a reason to block a directly-logged-in superuser from using a mapping.  I asked in the closed list whether the current (released)  behavior was a security bug, and the answer was no.  And I don't know why else to block superusers from doing something other than as a security bug.  Also it would create a backwards compatibility hazard to revoke the ability now.

Cheers,

Jeff