Re: Terminate the idle sessions

От Adam Brusselback
Тема Re: Terminate the idle sessions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Why not implement it in the core of Postgres? Are there any disadvantages of
> implementing it in the core of Postgres?
I was surprised this wasn't a feature when I looked into it a couple years ago. I'd use it if it were built in, but I am not installing something extra just for this.

> I’m curious as to the use case because I cannot imagine using this.

My use case is, I have a primary application that connects to the DB, most users work through that (setting is useless for this scenario, app manages it's connections well enough). I also have a number of internal users who deal with data ingestion and connect to the DB directly to work, and those users sometimes leave query windows open for days accidentally. Generally not an issue, but would be nice to be able to time those connections out.

Just my $0.02, but I am +1.
-Adam

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: elog(DEBUG2 in SpinLocked section.