Re: [PERFORM] GIN index not used if created in the same transactionas query

От Adam Brusselback
Тема Re: [PERFORM] GIN index not used if created in the same transactionas query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Does the "multiple steps" part involve UPDATEs on pre-existing rows?
Do the updates change the column(s) used in the gin index?

 Yes they do, however the updates happen prior to the index creation.

I just tried, and that looks like the solution.  I really appreciate your help on this.

Is there any easy way I can know if an index is usable or not? Are there any catalog views or anything I could check that in?

Thanks,
-Adam

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] GIN index not used if created in the same transaction as query
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] GIN index not used if created in the same transaction as query