Re: Explanantion on pgbouncer please

От Adam Brusselback
Тема Re: Explanantion on pgbouncer please
Дата
Re: Explanantion on pgbouncer please  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Where are you measuring the connections? From your app to PGBouncer, or from PGBouncer to PostgreSQL?

If it is from your app to PGBouncer, that sounds strange, and like the app is not properly releasing connections as it should.  If it is from PGBouncer to PostgreSQL, that sounds normal.  I haven't used PGBouncer, but i've used other connection poolers in the past.  They would start out with a set number of minimum connections, and scale up to the max number specified as needed.  The pooler wouldn't release a connection to the DB once it has made one, and just kept it available in the pool.