Re: Bad query? Or planner?

От Devin Smith
Тема Re: Bad query? Or planner?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Correct. There is no WHERE filter in the first query. The JOIN condition from the first query was moved into a WHERE filter in the second query (enabled by LATERAL). Both have the same ordering applied with a limit of 1.

I chatted with a couple users in the IRC channel, and I think I got the consensus that the two queries are semantically the same, but the query planner doesn't currently optimize my original query.

-Devin