Re: Materialized View Patch File

От Neel Patel
Тема Re: Materialized View Patch File
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Please find the patch in attachement with below changes.

 --- Changed the UI design and make it consistence with dlgTable.

When user creates the view then user has option to create Normal View Or Materialized View.
User is not allowed to change the "Security Barrier" and "Materialized View" at the same time because "Security Barrier" option is for Normal View.

So we put the below message

"Security barrier and materialized view can not be enbale at the same time"

Let me know if any modification is required.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Neel Patel <neel.patel@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Neel Patel <neel.patel@enterprisedb.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Dave,
>> >
>> > Thanks for update.
>> >
>> > Yes it is a bug, I have not put the version check.
>> >
>> > Below are the changes.
>> >  --- Put the PG version check for mat views
>> >  --- In SQL Pane window change the the description of the view from --
>> > MATERIALIZED View: xxx TO
>> >        -- Materialized View: xxx
>> >
>> > Please find the updated patch in attachement.
>>
>> Thanks - a few more comments now I've tested further:
>>
>> - The tab should be called "Materialization" (unless someone has a better
>> idea)
>>
> I will fix it.
>

>> - I can still enable the "Materialized View" option on a 9.2 database
>> on the dialogue.
>>

> I will fix it.
>

>> - I can't select a tablespace from the drop down menu, but I can type
>> a name in. Should be select-only - see dlgTable.
>

> I will fix it.
>

>> - The vacuum options UI design should match the existing one on
>> dlgTable (it's a nice design, but consistency comes first).
>

> Can we change dlgTable with new UI design ?

Not for this release, it's too late.

--
Dave Page
Chief Architect, Tools & Installers