Re: pgAdmin 1.18.0 + slony-I 2.2.0 + PG 9.3

От Neel Patel
Тема Re: pgAdmin 1.18.0 + slony-I 2.2.0 + PG 9.3
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Sven,

No idea regarding the next release.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Sven Meirsman <sven.meirsman@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to this update. Any idea on when it will be released?

regards,
Sven

2013/10/11 Neel Patel <neel.patel@enterprisedb.com>
Hi Sven,

Sorry for the late replay, we have checked and it is a bug in pgAdmin because the name of the sql files got changed in new slony version ( v2.2.0 ) which is used by the pgAdmin.

Issue :-

When we install the slony ( version less than 2.2.0 ) then it will install below sql files in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\share folder.

slony1_base.sql
slony1_base.v83.sql
slony1_base.v84.sql
slony1_funcs.sql
slony1_funcs.v83.sql
slony1_funcs.v84.sql

Now in New version of slony 2.2.0 onwards the name of the above sql files got changed as below.

slony1_base.2.2.0.sql
slony1_base.v83.2.2.0.sql
slony1_base.v84.2.2.0.sql
slony1_funcs.2.2.0.sql
slony1_funcs.v83.2.2.0.sql
slony1_funcs.v84.2.2.0.sql

As we are using above sql files names in pgAdmin to create the new slony clusters so we need to change in pgAdmin also.

We are working on this issue and submit the patch once its done.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Sun, 2013-09-29 at 22:29 +0200, Sven Meirsman wrote:
> Sorry, My mistake.
>
> 'Binary Paths' is the section you choose at the left of the screen. It
> contains several paths, one 'PG Bin Path' is directing to my postgres BIN
> folder like you suggest. It is the Slony-I path that contains the path to
> the postgres SHARE folder where the slony scripts reside.

Oh OK, you're right.

On the Slony issue, I see that Dave commited a patch from Neel Patel
last thursday. This patch commit log is: "Ensure DDLScript will work
with Slony 2.2+ which has a new SQL level API.". So I guess this is what
you're looking for. This will be in the next minor release (1.18.1),
which should be available on thursday 10th october.