Re: = TRUE vs IS TRUE confuses partition index creation

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: = TRUE vs IS TRUE confuses partition index creation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 5:50 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
>> This can be verified with the attached changes, which would make it work
>> for this case.

I don't like this patch too much, because it will result in opening
the new index, building an IndexInfo, and closing the index again
for each index of each partition.  We only need to do that once.

Another thing that struck me as poor practice was not getting the
other arguments of CompareIndexInfo (opfamilies and collation)
from the new index.  At best this is making the code know more
than it needs to.

Hence, v2 patch attached, now with a test case.

Thanks. The v2 patch is a good improvement on the two aspects. It's in
good shape to me.

Thanks
Richard

Сообщение: Re: Excessive number of replication slots for 12->14 logical replication
Сообщение: Re: Excessive number of replication slots for 12->14 logical replication