Re: Wrong rows estimations with joins of CTEs slows queries by more than factor 500

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Wrong rows estimations with joins of CTEs slows queries by more than factor 500
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 29, 2024 at 11:20 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 08:01, Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 10:08 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have changed the status of the commitfest entry to "Committed" as I
>> noticed the patch has already been committed.
>
> Well, the situation seems a little complex here.  At first, this thread
> was dedicated to discussing the 'Examine-simple-variable-for-Var-in-CTE'
> patch, which has already been pushed in [1].  Subsequently, I proposed
> another patch 'Propagate-pathkeys-from-CTEs-up-to-the-outer-query' in
> [2], which is currently under review and is what the commitfest entry
> for.  Later on, within the same thread, another patch was posted as a
> fix to the first patch and was subsequently pushed in [3].  I believe
> this sequence of events might have led to confusion.
>
> What is the usual practice in such situations?  I guess I'd better to
> fork a new thread to discuss my proposed patch which is about the
> 'Propagate-pathkeys-from-CTEs-up-to-the-outer-query'.

Sorry I missed to notice that there was one pending patch yet to be
committed, I feel you can continue discussing here itself just to
avoid losing any historical information about the issue and the
continuation of the discussion. You can add a new commitfest entry for
this.

It seems to me that a fresh new thread is a better option.  I have just
started a new thread in [1], and have tried to migrate the necessary
context over there.  I have also updated the commitfest entry
accordingly.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAMbWs49xYd3f8CrE8-WW3--dV1zH_sDSDn-vs2DzHj81Wcnsew%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks
Richard