Re: pg16: XX000: could not find pathkey item to sort

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: pg16: XX000: could not find pathkey item to sort
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 12:13 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
I've now pushed the patch that trims off the Pathkeys for the ORDER BY
/ DISTINCT aggregates.

Thanks for pushing!

Those results are a bit noisy.  Perhaps a few more runs might yield
more consistency, but it seems that there's not too much overhead to
it. If I take the minimum value out of the 3 runs from each, it comes
to about 1.5% extra time spent in planning.  Perhaps that's OK.

I agree that the overhead is acceptable, especially it only happens in
USE_ASSERT_CHECKING builds.

Thanks
Richard