Re: Support run-time partition pruning for hash join

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Support run-time partition pruning for hash join
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Nov 4, 2023 at 6:00 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:
02.11.2023 14:19, Richard Guo wrote:
However, the cfbot indicates that there are test cases that fail on
FreeBSD [1] (no failure on other platforms).  So I set up a FreeBSD-13
locally but just cannot reproduce the failure.  I must be doing
something wrong.  Can anyone give me some hints or suggestions?
I've managed to reproduce that failure on my Ubuntu with:
CPPFLAGS="-Og -DWRITE_READ_PARSE_PLAN_TREES -DCOPY_PARSE_PLAN_TREES" ./configure ... make check

Wow, thank you so much.  You saved me a lot of time.  It turns out that
it was caused by me not making JoinPartitionPruneInfo a node.  The same
issue can also exist for JoinPartitionPruneCandidateInfo - if you
pprint(root) at some point you'll see 'could not dump unrecognized node
type' warning.

Fixed this issue in v4.

Thanks
Richard