Re: Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 25, 2023 at 3:01 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 3:12 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
So I'm wondering if it'd be better that we move all this logic of
computing additional lateral references within PHVs to get_memoize_path,
where we can examine only PHVs that are evaluated at innerrel.  And
considering that these lateral refs are only used by Memoize, it seems
more sensible to compute them there.  But I'm a little worried that
doing this would make get_memoize_path too expensive.

Please see v4 patch for this change.

I'd like to add that not checking PHVs for lateral references can lead
to performance regressions with Memoize node.

The v4 patch does not apply any more.  I've rebased it on master.
Nothing else has changed.

Thanks
Richard
Вложения