Re: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 3:06 PM Alexander Pyhalov <a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Richard Guo писал 2022-08-10 08:28:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 10:15 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Currently the outer_plan used in postgresGetForeignPlan() can only
>> be
>> 'Join' or 'Sort + Join'. I'm wondering whether we can take this
>> knowledge into consideration when we fix the outer_plan's tlist, to
>> also
>> fix the Join's tlist if it is below the Sort node.
>
> Alternatively, how about we include in the EPQ path's pathtarget
> thecolumns required for evaluating the local conditions when we
> consider
> EPQ paths with pathkeys? Something like attached.
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Hi.
Why are we sure that epq_path can provide all vars from restrictinfo?

The local conditions come from the joinrel's restrictlist, which
contains all the clauses that syntactically belong at the join level. So
I think the join path for EPQ checks should be able to provide all the
exprs needed by local_conds.

Thanks
Richard