Re: hashing bpchar for nondeterministic collations is broken

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: hashing bpchar for nondeterministic collations is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 4:11 AM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
CREATE COLLATION ctest_nondet(
  provider = icu, locale = '', deterministic = false);

=# select hashbpcharextended('a' collate ctest_nondet, 3);
 hashbpcharextended
---------------------
 2792701603979490504
(1 row)

=# select hashbpcharextended('a  ' collate ctest_nondet, 3);
  hashbpcharextended
----------------------
 -4885217598372536483
(1 row)

Good catch.  This really shouldn't happen for bpchar as the trailing
blanks are supposed to be ignored.  I can see hashbpchar is doing it
with the correct "true" length, so maybe this is a copy-and-pasteo from
hashtextextended?

Also, does someone have an opinion on backporting this? I'm inclined
to.

I'm not familiar with the backporting policy, but I also think we need
to as this fixes an obvious oversight.

Thanks
Richard

Сообщение: Re: INFORMATION_SCHEMA.routines column routine_definition does not show the source
Сообщение: Re: INFORMATION_SCHEMA.routines column routine_definition does not show the source