Re: A minor adjustment to get_cheapest_path_for_pathkeys

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: A minor adjustment to get_cheapest_path_for_pathkeys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 8:50 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 2:45 AM Andy Fan <zhihui.fan1213@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my opinion,  we can do some stuff to improve the ROI.
> -  Authors should do as much as possible,  mainly a better commit
> message.  As for this patch, the commit message is " Adjustment
> to get_cheapest_path_for_pathkeys"  which I don't think matches
> our culture.

I agree. I don't think the patch submitter is obliged to try to write
a good commit message, but people who contribute regularly or are
posting large stacks of complex patches are probably well-advised to
try. It makes life easier for committers and even for reviewers trying
to make sense of their patches.

Fair point.  So I had a go at writing a commit message for this patch as
attached.  Thanks for all the reviews.

Thanks
Richard
Вложения