Re: Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to executor crash

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to executor crash
Дата
Re: Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to executor crash  (Andrei Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I've self-reviewed this patch again and I think it's now in a
committable state.  I'm wondering if we can mark it as 'Ready for
Committer' now, or we need more review comments/feedbacks.

To recap, this patch postpones reparameterization of paths until
createplan.c, which would help avoid building the reparameterized
expressions we might not use.  More importantly, it makes it possible to
modify the expressions in RTEs (e.g. tablesample) and in RelOptInfos
(e.g. baserestrictinfo) for reparameterization.  Failing to do that can
lead to executor crashes, wrong results, or planning errors, as we have
already seen.

Thanks
Richard