Re: pg16: XX000: could not find pathkey item to sort

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: pg16: XX000: could not find pathkey item to sort
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 2:26 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
So in short, I propose the attached fix without any regression tests
because I feel that any regression test would just mark that there was
a big in create_agg_path() and not really help with ensuring we don't
end up with some similar problem in the future.

If the pathkeys that were added by adjust_group_pathkeys_for_groupagg()
are computable from the targetlist, it seems that we do not need to trim
them off, because prepare_sort_from_pathkeys() will add resjunk target
entries for them.  But it's also no harm if we trim them off.  So I
think the patch is a pretty safe fix.  +1 to it.

I have some concerns that the assert_pathkeys_in_target() function
might be a little heavyweight for USE_ASSERT_CHECKING builds. So I'm
not proposing to commit that without further discussion.

Yeah, it looks like some heavy to call assert_pathkeys_in_target() for
each path node.  Can we run some benchmarks to see how much overhead it
would bring to USE_ASSERT_CHECKING build?

Thanks
Richard