Re: Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to executor crash

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Oversight in reparameterize_path_by_child leading to executor crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 5:01 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 2:30 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 3:32 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fair point.  I think we can back-patch a more minimal fix, as Tom
> proposed in [1], which disallows the reparameterization if the path
> contains sampling info that references the outer rel.  But I think we
> need also to disallow the reparameterization of a path if it contains
> restriction clauses that reference the outer rel, as such paths have
> been found to cause incorrect results, or planning errors as in [2].

Do you want to produce a patch for that, to go along with this patch for master?

Sure, here it is:
v10-0001-Avoid-reparameterizing-Paths-when-it-s-not-suitable.patch

I forgot to mention that this patch applies on v16 not master.

Thanks
Richard