Do we need to pass down nonnullable_vars when reducing outer joins?

От Richard Guo
Тема Do we need to pass down nonnullable_vars when reducing outer joins?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
AFAICS, the Vars forced nonnullable by given clause are only used to
check if we can reduce JOIN_LEFT to JOIN_ANTI, and it is checking the
join's own quals there. It seems to me we do not need to pass down
nonnullable_vars by upper quals to the children of a join.

Attached is a patch to remove the pass-down of nonnullable_vars.

Thanks
Richard
Вложения