Re: Inconsistency between try_mergejoin_path and create_mergejoin_plan

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Inconsistency between try_mergejoin_path and create_mergejoin_plan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 10:24 PM Alexander Pyhalov
<a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Richard Guo писал(а) 2024-06-19 16:30:
> > I think we can simply verify the validity of commutators for clauses in
> > the form "inner op outer" when selecting mergejoin/hash clauses.  If a
> > clause lacks a commutator, we should consider it unusable for the given
> > pair of outer and inner rels.  Please see the attached patch.

> This seems to be working for my test cases.

Thank you for confirming.  Here is an updated patch with some tweaks to
the comments and commit message.  I've parked this patch in the July
commitfest.

Thanks
Richard

Вложения