Re: Alter table set logged hanging after writing out all WAL

От Jeremy Finzel
Тема Re: Alter table set logged hanging after writing out all WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 6:02 PM Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 01:36:04AM -0600, Jeremy Finzel wrote:
> Here is the basic structure - is the gist index significant?:
>
> CREATE UNLOGGED TABLE foo (
>     as_of_date daterange NOT NULL,
>     customer_id integer,
>     bunch_of_fields_here);
>
> ALTER TABLE ONLY foo
>     ADD CONSTRAINT foo_as_of_date_excl EXCLUDE USING gist (customer_id WITH
> =, as_of_date WITH &&);
>
> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX foo_idx1 ON foo USING btree (customer_id) WHERE
> (upper(as_of_date) = 'infinity'::date);
>
> CREATE INDEX foo_idx2 ON foo USING btree (customer_id, lower(as_of_date))
> WHERE (upper(as_of_date) = 'infinity'::date);
>
> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX foo_idx3 ON foo USING btree (customer_id,
> lower(as_of_date));

I am not sure, but I would think about something related to gist here
when heavy insertions are done on it...  I cannot put my finger on the
thread though.

> This is all I see - please help me if there's a better command I can
> run:

If the process is still running, can you attach gdb to it and then run
the command bt? You may need to install debugging symbols to make the
trace readable.
--
Michael

I am trying a few other scenarios to see if I can reproduce. I was able to set to logged a copy of the table with no indexes. I am now attempting same with only the gist index. If I can reproduce it on a non production server I will try gdb.

Thank you much for the follow up.

Jeremy