Re: Geographical multi-master replication

От Jeremy Finzel
Тема Re: Geographical multi-master replication
Дата
Re: Geographical multi-master replication  (Ruben Rubio Rey <tk421.1@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
The problem is that the version for BDR 1.0.7, which has an implementation for postgres 9.4, will be on end of live at the end of this year. Unfortunately the paid solution is out of our budget, so we currently have two options: find an alternative or remove the multi-region implementation. We are currently looking for alternatives.

You are missing all of the alternatives here.  Why don't you consider upgrading from postgres 9.4 and with it to a supported version of BDR?  There is nothing better you can do to keep your infrastructure up to date, performant, secure, and actually meet your multi-master needs than to upgrade to a newer version of postgres which does have BDR support.

Even "stock" postgres 9.4 is set for end of life soon.  Upgrade!

Thanks,
Jeremy