Alter table set logged hanging after writing out all WAL

От Jeremy Finzel
Тема Alter table set logged hanging after writing out all WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We are running:

PostgreSQL 10.1 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 4.7.2-5) 4.7.2, 64-bit

The table I am setting to logged is 32GB with indexes.  I see it writing WAL files like crazy but after about an hour and a half, it has written out some 2500 WAL segments, then it just sits and continues to run as "active", but no more WAL files are being created.  There are no locks, and no other transactions in the system running.

Any ideas?  Is it still doing something that I need to wait for?

Thanks,
Jeremy