Accessing structured datatypes using libpq

От Raimo Jormakka
Тема Accessing structured datatypes using libpq
Дата
Re: Accessing structured datatypes using libpq
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

What is the recommended way of accessing structured data-types (especially JSONB and HSTORE) using libpq? It seems that by default JSONB data for example is returned as text.

Is it not possible to have binary access to these data-types? If it is possible, then how do I do it exactly as the only thing I get from libpq is a void-pointer?

Cheers,
Raimo