JDBC ilikequery encounter some problems

От Jian He
Тема JDBC ilikequery encounter some problems
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/query.html only a few examples. But I encounter some problems  when  I using ilike operator. I asked this question on Stackoverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68061908/jdbc-ilike-query-java) Now I also type in here> Hope you guys can help me. I do googled, seems don't have much good post about it.
_______

JDBC successfully connected to PostgreSQL. But some ilike query still have problems. only 1 code is working. I want the first and the third one to working properly.

--------------- not working

String ilikequery = "SELECT * FROM emp where ? iLIKE '%C%' ";
PreparedStatement ilikestatement = Main.connection.prepareStatement(ilikequery);
ilikestatement.setString(1,"name");
ResultSet resultSet = ilikestatement.executeQuery();

-------------- this one working,

String queryname = "Cowen"; String query = "select * from emp where name = ?";
PreparedStatement  statement = Main.connection.prepareStatement(query); statement.setString(1,queryname);
ResultSet resultSet = statement.executeQuery();

------------this one not working.

String ilikequerywithparameter = "SELECT * FROM emp" + " where name iLIKE '%"+"?"+"%' ";
PreparedStatement ilikestatementpara = Main.connection.prepareStatement(ilikequerywithparameter); ilikestatementpara.setString(1,"c"); ResultSet resultSet = ilikestatementpara.executeQuery();

The last code snippet have Exception error.Exception in thread "main" org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column index is out of range: 1, number of columns:

-------- this one is working.

String simpleilikequery = "SELECT * FROM emp" + " WHERE name iLIKE '%C%'";
PreparedStatement simpleilikestatement = Main.connection.prepareStatement(simpleilikequery);
ResultSet resultSet = simpleilikestatement.executeQuery();