Re: Detecting functions installed by an extension

От Benjie Gillam
Тема Re: Detecting functions installed by an extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 17 June 2018 at 10:26, Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 17/06/18 10:05, Benjie Gillam wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> How can I tell, using the system catalog or information schema, if a
> function/procedure was created by an extension as opposed to by the user
> (i.e. would be dropped if you performed "DROP EXTENSION")? So far I've
> looked at the `pg_extension` table, which lists the class IDs of
> configuration tables but doesn't mention procedures. I've looked at
> `pg_proc` but that doesn't seem to contain the information. I've also
> scanned over various other system catalogues but with no luck. Is this
> information available in one of the system catalogs? Does PostgreSQL
> itself track this information so that it can perform cleanup, or does it
> expect the extension to clean up after itself?

All dependencies are tracked in the system catalog pg_depend.

If you do  \set ECHO_HIDDEN on  in psql and then  \dx+ an_extension  you
can see what queries psql uses to get the information.  That should put
you well on your way to doing what you want.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36
http://2ndQuadrant.fr     PostgreSQL : Expertise, Formation et Support

It seems so obvious in retrospect! This works beautifully - thanks 🙏

Benjie.