Re: Hardening PostgreSQL via (optional) ban on local file system access

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Hardening PostgreSQL via (optional) ban on local file system access
Дата
Re: Hardening PostgreSQL via (optional) ban on local file system access  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Hardening PostgreSQL via (optional) ban on local file system access  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
My current thinking is (based on more insights from Andres) that we
should also have a startup flag to disable superuser altogether to
avoid bypasses via direct manipulation of pg_proc.

Experience shows that 99% of the time one can run PostgreSQL just fine
without a superuser, so having a superuser available all the time is
kind of like leaving a loaded gun on the kitchen table because you
sometimes need to go hunting.

I am especially waiting for Andres' feedback on viability this approach.

Cheers
Hannu