Re: Adminpack removal

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Adminpack removal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I agree that removing adminpack was a bit of a surprise for me as
well. At first I assumed that it was just moved into the core to
accompany the file and directory *reading* functions, until I found
the release notes mentioning that now one of the users of adminpack
does not need it and so it is dropped.

The easy and currently supported-in-core way to do file manipulation
is using pl/pythonu or pl/perlu but I agree that it is an overkill if
all you need is a little bit of file manipulation.

Best Regards
Hannu