Re: Function and Procedure with same signature?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Function and Procedure with same signature?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Peter and Tom

Following up on our conversation art pgcon.dev

If I understood correctly Peter has some old patch for splitting the
namespaces which could be resurrected to try to move forward on this ?

Can you share what you did there ?

Also, while at it we should extend the function lookup to support full
"method call syntax" in general, up from one-argument case  so that

SELECT function(a_thing, arg2, arg 2, ...)

could also be called as

SELECT a_thing.function(arg2, arg 2, ...)

--
Hannu