Re: Hot Standby Not So Hot Anymore

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: Hot Standby Not So Hot Anymore
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@mail.com> wrote:
Darren Duncan wrote:
> Ian Harding wrote:

>> It says everything is happy as normal...
>>
>> 2012-11-05 16:22:41.200 PST - :LOG: invalid record length at BA6/6DCBA48
>
> What does this log line mean? Is that "happy as normal"?

Note that the message level is LOG, not WARNING or ERROR or anything
more severe. It found the end of the valid WAL stream in WAL files it
was provided, and it's telling you how it decided it was at the end.

One thing I don't think you've really described is how you took your
base backup. You did follow all the instructions, like using
pg_start_backup() and pg_stop_backup(), excluding the pg_xlog
directory contents, and excluding the postmaster.pid file, right? If
you missed some details there you might see odd behavior.

-Kevin

Yeah, I forgot the pg_stop_backup.  I knew it was my mistake, I just didn't know what... Now I know!  That's what I get for doing it by hand.  My script never forgets...

Thanks!

Ian