Re: pg_upgrade

От Ian Harding
Тема Re: pg_upgrade
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I don't think it would get any further...  It fails and --retain says
"Retain sql and log files after success"  I can look at that log file and
all it indicates is failure to start the server.

Maybe I should rephrase the question:  pg_ctl returns failure, even though
it starts the server, when run with the -w flag.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2013/2/15 Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com>
> >

> > On Feb 14, 2013, at 9:50 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 2013/2/15 Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com>
> >>
> >> When I run pg_upgrade, it tries to start the old cluster with the -w
> flag, which waits a while and declares failure, even though it starts the
> server.  If I start/stop without -w everything is great.
> >>
> >> Can I tell pg_upgrade not to use that flag, or is there a reason it is
> not working that I should look into?
> >>
> >>                                             version

> >>  PostgreSQL 8.4.8 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.4.real
> (Debian 4.4.5-8) 4.4.5, 64-bit
> >>

> > Which PostgreSQL version is the old cluster, and which version is the
> new cluster? What options are you supplying to pg_upgrade, and what output
> are you getting?
> >

> > Old is 8.4, new is 9.2.  I am not supplying an but the minimum options
> and --check succeeds.  My
> > pg_ctl fails when run by hand with -w (although the database does start)
> so I know that's the issue.
>
> Maybe try running pg_upgrade with the  --retain option and check
> pg_upgrade_server.log for clues?
>

> Ian Barwick

Сообщение: Re: Reset permissions on table
Сообщение: Re: Reset permissions on table