Fwd: SSL Error: Certificate verify fail

От Richard Webb
Тема Fwd: SSL Error: Certificate verify fail
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have completed the steps at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/ssl-tcp.html#SSL-CLIENT-CERTIFICATES

Specifically:

To create a server certificate whose identity can be validated by clients, first create a certificate signing request (CSR) and a public/private key file:

openssl req -new -nodes -text -out root.csr \

  -keyout root.key -subj "/CN=root.yourdomain.com"

chmod og-rwx root.key

Then, sign the request with the key to create a root certificate authority (using the default OpenSSL configuration file location on Linux):

openssl x509 -req -in root.csr -text -days 3650 \

  -extfile /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf -extensions v3_ca \

  -signkey root.key -out root.crt

Finally, create a server certificate signed by the new root certificate authority:

openssl req -new -nodes -text -out server.csr \

  -keyout server.key -subj "/CN=dbhost.yourdomain.com"

chmod og-rwx server.key

openssl x509 -req -in server.csr -text -days 365 \

  -CA root.crt -CAkey root.key -CAcreateserial \

  -out server.crt

However when I issue cmd (this is a generalised version):

C:\Program Files (x86)\pgAdmin 4\v4\runtime>psql "sslmode=verify-ca host=host.com dbname=db user=dbuser"

It returns:

psql: SSL error: certificate verify failed

Can anyone advise on what I should try next?