Re: Certification

От Joshua Kramer
Тема Re: Certification
Дата
Re: Certification
Список pgsql-advocacy
There is something I haven't seen in this discussion- a comparison of
certification types.  Julyanto commented, "1. There are many thousands
of  Question which is groups into same level of difficulties.
(weight)"

This is not always the case.  The certifications that are really worth
something- RedHat's RHCE and I believe some Cisco certs- do not base
their certification on correct answers to questions.

Here's what I've heard about RedHat.  When you go to take the RHCE
exam, they sit you in front of a computer with a real OS install.
Then they tell you, "Something is broken with this system; also,
Services A, B, and C need to be installed and configured properly.
You need to fix all of the problems and install the services.  You
have 3 hours and you can use any resource at your disposal except for
Internet.  GO!"  This type of exam is difficult or impossible to do a
brain-dump for.  They make the issues so complex that you really have
to know your stuff *and be able to think and use that information* in
order to pass.

I think a Postgres certification should be like that- action based
rather than recall based.