Re: BUG #14032: trigram index is not used for '=' operator

От Ruslan Zakirov
Тема Re: BUG #14032: trigram index is not used for '=' operator
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I all brought up reasonable arguments.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 6:11 PM, Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> wrote:

> It is likely that pg_trgm index created for pattern matching would be
> sufficient for equality for some users.  We shouldn't force them to
> create an additional btree index.

This lines up with my point of view. I just don't want to create 19 btree
indexes as
long as trigram one is fast enough for my load. Switching to using LIKE in
my case,
good it's not big effort in this situation.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.