Reproducing incorrect order with order by in a subquery

От Ruslan Zakirov
Тема Reproducing incorrect order with order by in a subquery
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

For example I have a query:

SELECT main.*, count(*) OVER () FROM (SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY X) main;

So the `ORDER BY` clause ended up in a subquery. Most of the time ordering works until it doesn't.

Can you help me create a set of test tables with some data to reproduce this problem more repeatedly? I just want to write a regression test to make sure it doesn't happen again.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.