Re: windows 2008 scheduled task problem

От Richard Sickler
Тема Re: windows 2008 scheduled task problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ralph,

It may help to break this into a couple of parts
Make a folder called c:\cronjobs
in c:\cronjobs create a bat file that contains the commands you want executed.

Maybe something like

set logfile=shp2pgsql.log
echo Running shp2pgsql > %logfile%
date /t >> %logfile%
time /t >> %logfile%
shp2pgsql -s 900913 -I -d myshape.shp gis.myshape -u xxx -p yyy > myshape.txt

Get everything working as expected when you invoke the bat file. Once you have that working, then setup scheduled tasks to call the bat file.

Rich

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Susan Cassidy <scassidy@edgewave.com> wrote:

See my reply below:

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ralph Dell
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 8:26 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] windows 2008 scheduled task problem

I am running postgresql 8.4.3/ postgis 1.5 on a windows server 2008 R2

I am unable to get the shp2pgsql command to run as scheduled tasks. There is no problem running any of the commands from the command line or a python script.

Some sample commands are

shp2pgsql -s 900913 -I -d myshape.shp gis.myshape -u xxx -p yyy > myshape.txt

or

%POSTGIS_PATH%\shp2pgsql -s 900913 -I -d myshape.shp gis.myshape -u xxx -p yyy > myshape.txt

or

shp2pgsql -s 900913 -I -d myshape.shp gis.myshape -u xxx -p yyy  | psql –d mydb –U xxx –q

I do not get any output from the scheduled task.

The history tab in the task scheduler will show Task triggered/ task started / task completed, and report the task successfully completed.

I am running the tasks under a system administrator account.

Any suggestions from someone who has a similar environment.

This is my first post to the list and I hope it is an appropriate place for the question I and I have provided enough detail.

Ralph Dell

I don’t know about Win 2008, but under XP, I have to use the full path of any programs I have in scheduled job.

Susan