Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions

От Nikhil Sontakke
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Speedup twophase transactions  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Yeah. Was thinking about this yesterday. How about adding entries in
>> TwoPhaseState itself (which become valid later)? Only if it does not
>> cause a lot of code churn.
>
> That's possible as well, yes.

PFA a patch which does the above. It re-uses the TwoPhaseState gxact
entries to track 2PC PREPARE/COMMIT in shared memory. The advantage
being that CheckPointTwoPhase() becomes the only place where the fsync
of 2PC files happens.

A minor annoyance in the patch is the duplication of the code to add
the 2nd while loop to go through these shared memory entries in
PrescanPreparedTransactions, RecoverPreparedTransactions and
StandbyRecoverPreparedTransactions.

Other than this, I ran TAP tests and they succeed as needed.

Regards,
Nikhils
--
 Nikhil Sontakke                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/